.

Saturday, February 23, 2019

Contextual Knowledge in Program Planning: A Personal Reflection

Program formulation is a challenging and analyzable task. Its complexity lies not lone(prenominal) in the computer platformme details or the earreach to which the curriculum is targeted to, but in the varied privateities or experiences of the planners. numerous an(prenominal) times as planners, we communicate what we atomic number 18. We want to inculcate our belief and personal perception to audience including our biases. Planning itself requires much effort. With interpersonal issues among planners, the issue becomes more(prenominal) difficult to deal with as experts rub against each other. Answer to brain 1Planning involves the participation of different stakeholders or team members. Different ideas flow and detrition against each other. Power issues surface and the battle over whose idea or whose proposal is better rages. When faced with this circumstance, I t oddity to speak start my mind. I listen to others thought as well. I go over the positive and negative a spects of each idea. I weigh the options and vote for the take up unitary. I respect each person or team member. I realized that when it comes to power relations, there are different motivations lying beneath.At first, I believed planners are sincere and focused in doing service. Yet, when I had my first sweep up with power struggles within my circle, it dawned on me that some planners have their personal agenda. It could be something beneficial to them. So far, there is nothing I would like to flip ab come to the fore my current beliefs. But I want to reinforce the arbitrariness that planners must be objective and must be wiling to let go of personal biases or motivation for the good of many. Answer to Question 2Listening and generate communication are the skills that I utilize in every planning session. Listening requires much effort as it involves more than hearing different ideas. Listening is digesting each idea and respecting it. Listening is acknowledging one planners t houghts and knowledge. Communication, on the other hand, is being open with the possibilities of accepting and trying out the ideas. It may also mean acceptance for every pinch glowering d take in. Open communication is healthy and acts as a bridge.If there is something that I would really want to practice in my belief system is the win-win solution. duologue is coming up with the best solution with minor compromises that serve both rallying parties. Answer to Question 3 Planning a program for adults is an enjoyable task. Ethically talk, adults are en entrusting students who are experts in their receive right. They can make decisions with or without outside intervention. Each adult is a well of knowledge having gone through different life experiences.These culture are brought out through a participatory instruction process. Usually, my beliefs are challenged when a co-planner becomes so very intellectual in approach and dismisses my suggestion that adult learners are learne d, by virtue of experience. I usually answer by reasoning that through the adult learners participation, the program can be much more engaging with the learner themselves speaking out and contributing to the discussion. The conventional funnel method or top-down approach in teaching is not the best way.I get bilk when participatory learning is bypassed. I feel like the learners have so much to offer. As a program planner, I would like to render on the value of a person or a learner in the learning process as very ethical and critical. This is one reality that I would like to emphasize in my practice. A learner-centered program is needed to effect change in a training program. thither are messages than can be more effectively conveyed to the learners or audience through participatory method. People learn by themselves.Learning is not enforce or enforced. In his 1982 book, Living, Loving and Learning, Buscaglia cited Carl Rogers who wrote You know that I dont believe that anyone ha s ever thought anything to anyone. I question the efficacy of teaching. The only thing that I know is that anyone who wants to learn impart learn. And maybe a teacher is a facilitator, a person who puts things down and shows people how kindle and wonderful it is and asks them to eat. (p. 7) We are all learners. We learn from each other.Even experts learn many things from their participants. No man has the monopoly of knowledge and experiences. One mans learning differs from others. We all have our own way of learning. Answer to Question 4b I have not left a planning situation tied(p) if I am not totally sold to the agreed ideas or methods even if my own suggestions are downplayed. I stayed to learn from them. I still joined to see if their methods based on their belief system will work. It is all about respect and giving opportunities to other parties to have their own way.I hanged on to see the results of the evaluation. Probably, what would make me leave is the honest and face -to-face rejection of my ideas later on a poor training program. I would leave if they lost trust and direct all the blame to me. I would humbly resign. I will not burn the bridge between us but wish to re-connect with them again in the future, should they need my services again. After all, the world is polished and who knows, we may end up needing one another at the end of the road someday.ReferencesBuscaglia, L. (1982). Living, loving and learning. New York Random House.

No comments:

Post a Comment